This post may contain affiliate links. See our Disclosure for more information.
At first I had my doubts about this Sweet Potato Spinach Frittata. I thought anything that had spinach in it couldn’t possibly be scrumptious tasting, but this frittata defied all odds. It is so delicious I have had to make it over and over again. I know you will find this frittata just as tasty as I did!
Not only is this Sweet Potato Spinach Frittata delicious tasting, but it also contains some very nutritious ingredients. This frittata is grain-free, gluten-free, nut free, and corn free. It can also be made dairy free if you use dairy free cheese. Now that we know what it’s free of, lets take a look at what good stuff it does contain:
Benefits of Sweet Potatoes:
- Best source of vitamin A
- High in anti-oxidants
- Contain good amounts of vitamin C and B6
- Strong anti-inflammatory food
- Sweet potatoes are 77% water
- They are a good source of potassium
- Contain a good amount of fiber
Benefits of Spinach:
- Low in fat and cholesterol
- Excellent source of niacin and zinc
- Contains good amounts of: protein, fiber, thiamin, vitamin B6, folate, calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, copper, and manganese
- Rich in vitamins A, C, E, and K
- Contains flavonoids that act as antioxidants
Benefits of Pasture-raised Organic Eggs:
- Contains all nine essential amino acids
- Best source of high quality protein
- The cholesterol in eggs is actually good for you
- Contains all vitamins except vitamin C
With all those beneficial nutrients, vitamins, and minerals, I am sure you can’t wait to have a slice of this amazing frittata! This frittata makes a great breakfast, lunch, or dinner! It would be the perfect nutritious breakfast to start the day with. This Sweet Potato Frittata is even good cold as leftovers. If you don’t feel like preparing it first thing in the morning, you can easily bake it up the night before and re-heat it for breakfast!
I used a 9″ cast iron skillet to bake my frittata in. Cast iron is easy to use because if it is seasoned properly, not much sticking occurs and it can be used on the stove top and in the oven.
I hope you enjoy baking and eating this delicious frittata! I would love to hear your review of it, or if you added anything extra to the recipe! Also, if you enjoyed this breakfast recipe, you may want to check out some of our other breakfast recipes including our Campwich recipe or our Grain-free Waffle recipe!