This post may contain affiliate links. See our Disclosure for more information.
Pumpkin pie is not the only traditional fall pie in my house! Grain-free sweet potato pie has become a new favorite fall pie and even rivals pumpkin pie! This delicious pie is not only grain-free, but it is also gluten free, corn free, and nut free!
I love grain-free sweet potato pie not only because it tastes good, but also because sweet potatoes contain some great health benefits and nutrition!
Nutrition in Sweet Potatoes
- Best source of vitamin A
- High in anti-oxidants
- Contain good amounts of vitamin C and B6
- Strong anti-inflammatory food
- Sweet potatoes are 77% water
- They are a good source of potassium
- Contain a good amount of fiber
Health Benefits of Sweet Potatoes
- Lower on the glycemic index than regular potatoes
- Improves the health of our eyes and skin because of it’s high vitamin A content
- Reduces cancer risks because of their high antioxidant levels
Sweet Potato Fun Facts
I not only found out the health benefits and nutrition of sweet potatoes, but I also stumbled across some unique facts about sweet potatoes during my research!
- Sweet potatoes belong to the morningglory family, not the nightshade or yam family.
- Certain varieties of sweet potatoes have different flesh colors. A few colors include: cream, white, yellow, orange, pink and purple.
- There are over 400 different varieties of sweet potatoes.
- The U.S. commercially grows about 1 million sweet potatoes each year.
- China grows roughly 80 million tons of sweet potatoes each year.
Now that you know a little bit more about this sweet and tasty vegetable, lets look at a recipe that turns this unique vegetable into a pie!
Where to Find the Ingredients:
Click on the affiliate links below to see where you can purchase this ingredient and blender!
This grain-free sweet potato pie has a great creamy texture and a delicious taste. I love that this pie is so flavorful and can be whipped up quickly and easily! I am sure that this grain-free sweet potato pie recipe will soon be up next to pumpkin pie on your holiday baking list!
If I haven’t sold you on this sweet potato pie yet, feel free to check out my Dairy-free Pumpkin Pie recipe instead!