Hello everyone! This week I am going to share with you some delicious artisanal bread rolls. I made these rolls last week to go with my curry chicken, cauliflower rice and sweet potato dish. (If you missed that post click here to read it!) You will definitely be making these easy rolls over and over. At least I know I have!
Here is the recipe…
- 1 cup of cassava flour
- 1 cup of arrowroot flour
- 2 tbsp. of coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp. coconut flour
- 1 tbsp. of flax seed meal
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 2 tbsp. of maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. of yeast
- 2 tbsp. warm water
- 4 medium eggs
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil
- Combine dry ingredients (flour, coconut sugar, sea salt and flax meal) in a mixing bowl and stir until flours are combined.
- Heat oven to 150 degrees Fahrenheit and then turn it off, but keep door closed.
- In a small bowl add yeast to maple syrup and warm water and place in heated oven for 8 minutes.
- Add the eggs and coconut oil to the dry ingredients and mix until dough is thick and smooth.
- Fold the yeast mixture into the dough.
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper and dust a small amount of cassava on the bottom of it.
- Flour your hands and halve the dough until you have them down to the size of your liking.
- Using a paring knife slice an “X” on the top of each roll.
- Let the dough rise for 50 minutes in a warm place. I put my bread rolls in the already warm oven and just left the oven door open a tiny bit.
- After rising preheat oven to 400 degrees and bake rolls for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Enjoy!
Have a great weekend!